One of the best deals you can find in Falls Church City is the Tuesday night Raw Bar special at Dogwood Tavern (starts at 4pm). Pair this with their Dogwood Tavern Happy Hour that runs until 7pm (starts at 3pm) and you have yourself a pretty amazing deal. I liked it so much I ordered everything on the menu. Here's what you get:
For just $4.00 each, you can get the following:
- 1/2 Dozen Raw Oysters (w/ cocktail sauce, lemon garlic butter, & crackers)
- 1/2 Dozen Steamed Clams (w/ hot butter)
- 1 Dozen Garlic Sauteed Mussels (w/ bread chips)
- 1/4 Pound Steamed Old Bay Shrimp (w/ cocktail sauce)
- This came out to 8 pretty large shrimp, peel & eat, and for some reason they were cold, also they are light on the Old Bay so ask for some more.
And for just $8 you can get the following:
- 2 Snow Crab Leg Clusters
- I got 3 with my order...mwahahaha.
The Oysters and crab legs were my favorite two items. I literally destroyed the crab legs they were so good. Next time I go back I'd probably just order a full dozen oysters for $8.
The raw bar special starts at 4pm and runs until they close. I suggest showing up before happy hour ends and get their microbrew of the month for $3 to pair with your choice of seafood.
My first adventure at Dogwood Tavern
Here's what everything looked like:
132 W Broad St
Falls Church, VA 22046